Here's a quick
checklist. Can you answer "YES" to all these questions?
spent at least 30 minutes checking out the employers website
• I know the names of the main
characters in the company
• I know the main milestones regarding
the companies achievements
• I have the directions and map
committed to memory - and it's printed out ready
• I have enough copies of my CV
on standby for any eventuality
• I have all the contact details
written down including the telephone number of the agency
• I have arranged all the time
off that I shall need
• I understand the job spec
• If I'm asked, I know what my
"bottom line" is in terms of money
• I have a list of questions ready
to ask in the interview
• I know at least five strong
points regarding my skills and character
• I can list my weaknesses (at
least 5) and how I can turn these into "positives"
• I can speak intelligently why
I want to leave my current employer - or why I left
• I've practised some of the "harder"
questions that I may get asked
• I don't have any emotional garbage
clogging up my brain before the interview!
above all, it is the person they want to buy. Sure, you have
skills and various attributes. Skills can be trained and employers
will make allowances for that. But in our experience, employers
rarely make allowances for people who will not fit into the
don’t be someone your not, be yourself, enjoy the experience
and if it is meant to be - it will be.